Traditional desserts remind us of childhood and grandmother's recipes. Now you can continue the tradition with your children by preparing this homemade recipe for egg flan in the traditional style. This dessert, in addition to being delicious, is smooth and creamy, a true delicacy!
Guiainfantil.com proposes a very cheap homemade recipe since for this egg flan we will only need milk, sugar, eggs and vanilla (optional). It is a very simple sweet to make with children, so that they learn to cook and enjoy a classic and very nutritious recipe, with a lot of calcium to benefit their growth and recommended for pregnant women, especially in the last trimester.
- 4 large eggs
- 500 ml of milk (whole or skimmed)
- 100 grams of sugar
- 75 g of sugar (to make the caramel)
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla essence
- Tips: if you want you can use the liquid caramel already made instead of making it at home
Follow our recipe and the step by step of this great recipe. It is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family.
1. If we prepare the homemade caramel, put the sugar in a saucepan, heat over medium heat, always stirring, until it melts and takes a dark color. Be careful not to burn yourself.
2. Pour the caramel in the bottom of the flan or flan (small) and move it so that it covers its entire surface, including the walls.
3. Preheat the oven to 200ºC. Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the milk and sugar, and mix well. Pour this mixture into the flanera.
4. Put the flanera in a casserole with water, to make it in a water bath. Bake at 200ºC for about an hour or until when you pierce it with a fork you can see that it is set and done. In this case the fork must come out clean, otherwise leave it a few more minutes.
5. Remove the flanera from the oven and let it cool until it is at room temperature. Put it in the fridge for at least an hour, and then unmold it.
Enjoy your meal!
Here are other food recipes for pregnant women
You can read more articles similar to Homemade egg flan, traditional style, in the category of Custards - puddings on site.